Saturday, April 18, 2009

Final Project: Inspiration and Initial Sketches.

I'm painting 5 house paintings, and I'm going to show a step by step process for one of them. 

Life has been hectic this week, so my project progress has been slow. So far I revisited my inspiration, Egon Schiele. I also drew out initial sketches and filled in a base color. 

These houses were painted by Egon Schiele: 

This is a rough sketch. Its purpose is for me to get the gist of where lines will be. Final lines will be sketched in a few layers. 


Next, I filled in a base color. This is also sloppy and just an undercoat. The colors are not the final colors, but may show through the top layers in places. 



1 comment:

  1. You have a good start. Your lines have a nice organic quality to them that is reminiscent of Schiele. Can you take a screen shot of your work so we can see how you have your layers set up in photoshop?

    ReplyDelete